I’m all up for spending a couple of hours in the kitchen coming up with a crafted chilli sauce recipe, but sometimes you want to come up with something quick and that will work every time.
Well, here’s a little quick chilli sauce recipe I make now and again which is so easy to do, you don’t even need to bottle it.
- 1 large jar of pickled green jalapenos (I buy the big tall jars from Tesco or if I’m in town the poundshop! The Discovery or Uncle Bens smaller jars are fine but a lot more expensive most of the time pack less heat.
- 2 limes
- A handful of fresh coriander, stalks on (cilantro)
- Salt & Pepper
- Add the jalapenos to a blender or food processor with all the liquid from the jar.
- Add some of the coriander, juice of one lime, and salt and pepper.
- Bliitz to the consistency you want (chunky or smooth), and taste. Here it’s up to you whether you add more coriander and lime, I usually add juice on another lime and a lot of coriander.
- If you need to loosen the consistency just add a touch of water or white wine vinegar and blitz.
You can bottle or jar this, and it will keep in the fridge well for at least a couple of months – but it’s best eaten fresh.